Additional 2018 Scholarship Offers
- Seniors, please be sure to join Class of 2019 on google classroom. All applications for these scholarships are there!!
- Unigo offers many scholarships for students monthly. Scholarships range from couponing to zombie apocalypse. Scholorship offers are also listed in google classroom under Class of 2019 or visit unigo.com/our-scholarships for more information.
- If you are interested in applying to Washington University in St. Louis, see your counselor to be nominated for the Danforth Scholars Program. Danforth scholars can receive full or partial tuition scholarships.
- Horatio Alger Scholarship available to students with a 2.0 or higher. Must be involved in community service and display integrity in overcoming adversity.
- Unigo Scholarship: Write an essay about I Have a Dream. Deadline is January 31st. Applications are in counseling area and on google classroom
- McDonald’s Restaurants of Kentuckiana Black History Makers of Tomorrow scholarship program honors outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional leadership, character, scholarship and community service. The program is open to students with at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean descent. A one time $1500 scholarship will be awarded. Apply at www.BHMOTKentuckiana.com by January 31st.
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha (ESA) offers several scholarship opportunities for students. The application submission is done online. Go to www.epsilonsigmaalpha.org/scholarships-and-grants to apply. To find scholarships, click on the current list of ESA scholarships available by state you reside. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2019.
- Nancy Jaynes Scholarship is awarded to a senior whose parent is battling breast cancer or who has lost a parent to breast cancer. Click on scholarship application to apply. Applications are due by February 2, 2019.
- Indiana AEOP offers a $1000 scholarship to a student interested in pursuing business. Deadline is February 5.
- WACE Scholarships available to students interested in co-op education. Deadline is February 15, 2019. Link to application.
- Indiana Youth Tour to Washington D.C. provides young adults with the opportunity to travel to our nation’s capital. Applicant must be a son, daughter or legal ward of a member/owner of the Clark County REMC. Deadline is February 10.
- Kiwanis Indiana Foundation offers a one-time award of $1200 to a senior who plans to attend a college in Indiana. Applications in counseling office. Deadline is February 16.
- Scholarships are available to military children. Go to http://www.militaryscholar.org for more information. Deadline is February 17.
- UL Public Health Preview Day: Learn about degrees in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, global health, maternal and child health. Register online athttp://louisville.edu/sphis/events/public-health-preview-day. Deadline is February 19.
- The Coolidge Scholarship offers full ride presidential scholarships to current juniors. Go to Coolidgescholars.org for more information. Deadline is February 22.
- MAC Construction offers scholarships for students pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology. Must have a current GPA of B average. Deadline is March 10.
- Ivy Tech offers scholarships for students planning to attend IUS, Ivy Tech and Purdue Polytechnic of New Albany. For more information, see the scholarship board. Deadline to apply is March 10.
- IRTA-SE Division offers scholarships to a student who is a son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter or legal dependent of an active, retired or deceased member of the Indiana State Teachers Retirement Fund and the IRTA Southeast Division. Deadline to apply is March 16.
- MAC Construction offers scholarships to students majoring in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology. Deadline is March 16.
- Business and Professional Women of New Albany offers academic scholarships to students from Floyd, Clark, Harrison and Crawford Counties. Applicants must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Deadline is March 17.
- Clark County REMC Scholarships are available for Ivy Tech, IUS and Purdue Polytechnic of New Albany. You must receive Clark County REMC services. Visit theremc.com/scholarships
to apply. Deadline is March 19.
- Indiana Sheriffs’ Association offers a scholarship for a current member of the association, dependent or grandchild of current member of the association. Deadline to apply is April 1. Applications in counseling office.
- Georgetown Lions Club offers a scholarship to seniors with strong volunteerism. Applications are on the Scholarship Board. Deadline is April 2.
- Norton Healthcare offers a $1000 scholarship to a senior pursuing a career in a health related field. An essay is required. Deadline to submit application to Mrs. Simler is April 3rd.
- Charles Steele Scholarship is a $1000 scholarship available to a graduating senior with at least an ACT score of 18 and GPA of 2.8. Essay is required. Deadline is April 6.
- Forman/Highlander Service Award: Most giving and active in community and/or church activities. Deadline to apply is April 6.
- Floyd County Farm Bureau offers an $800 scholarship to a senior whose parent/guardian has Farm Bureau insurance. Winner is required to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours at a Farm Bureau event. Deadline to apply is April 7.
- Forman Highlander Service Award is available for Seniors who are most giving and active in community and/or church activities. Good student citizenship is also very important. Applications are on the counseling board in Student Services. Deadline is April 7.
- FCHS Alumni Association scholarship is available to seniors who are a child/grandchild of an FC alumni. Deadline to apply is April 10.
- Nu Chapter of Kappa Kappa Kappa offers $1000 scholarships to students. Five students will be chosen from the applications to proceed to the interview round. Deadline to apply is April 14.
- Floyd County Bar Association offers a $1000 scholarship to a Floyd County student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applications are on the counseling board in Student Services. Deadline is April 15.
- Pride of Galena Scholarship is available to a senior with a 2.5 GPA who went to Galena for at least a year. You must have completed a local scholarship application to be eligible for this award. Essay is required and must be submitted to Mrs. Simler by April 18. Information is on the scholarship board.
- Altrusa Scholarship available to senior females pursuing education. You must have a local scholarship application on file to be eligible for this scholarship. Deadline is April 19.
- LifeSpring Foundation of Indiana offers a scholarship to a student planning to study in the mental health or public service field. An essay is required. Deadline is April 20.
- Floyd County Bar Association offers a scholarship for students who reside in Floyd County and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Deadline is April 20.
- SmartBox Scholarship is a scholarship for students interested in technology. One $1000 award will be given to an FCHS senior. Apply at SmartBoxScholarship.com. Deadline is May 1.
- The Grace Group Scholarship is a $1000 award given to students with a 2.5 GPA or higher. Write a letter to someone at Floyd Central that has had the greatest impact on you and you could win! See the scholarship board for details. Deadline is May 1.
- Three scholarship opportunities through New Albany Law. Go to www.newalbanylaw.com to apply. Deadline is May 1.
- Sunnyside Master Gardeners Association is offering a $1000 scholarship to a senior interested in pursuing horticulture or natural resources. Deadline is May 1.
- Athnet Sports Recruiting Scholarship is a $1000 scholarship available to a student athlete. Deadline is June 1.
- Paul Mitchell schools offers one million dollars in scholarships. Go to paulmitchell.edu/
nationalscholarship to apply. Deadline is June 1.
- Seniors, are you undecided about the future? The Howard Johnson Memorial Fund offers an internship to a graduating senior through Louisville Public Media, New Albany Floyd County Library and Baptist Health Floyd. The internship would take place this summer for 4,6, or 8 weeks. A $1500 award will be given for this internship, but you may be eligible for more through the organization. More information is on the scholarship board. See Mrs. Simler if you have any questions.
- Student Athletes: Wendysheisman.com offers scholarships to student athletes. Deadline to apply is November 1.
- Purdue New Albany offers an event for young ladies grades 9-12 interested in the STEM program. Program is October 2nd. If you’d like to be nominated to attend, please see a counselor.
Who Wants to be a College Student?
- Applications are available on the scholarship board. Contest is Monday, September 25th at New Albany High School. If your name gets called, you’re automatically granted $450 in scholarship money. Deadline to Mrs. Simler is September 22.
21st Century Scholars
- If a student qualifies for the 21st Century Scholars program during their 6th, 7th, or 8th grade years the student could receive a college education from an Indiana proprietary institution. In order to receive that free education, the student will have to pledge and display good character, not to commit a crime, plan on attending an Indiana college, apply for state and federal financial aid and graduate high school with a minimum 2.0 GPA. For more information, students can contact an administrator or counselor.
- IUPUI School of Informatics and Computing offers summer workshops including web applications, interactive media, digital games and health/medical research. Workshops run throughout month of June. https://soic.iupui.edu/about/high-school-programs/summerworkshops/
- Volunteer at Bradford Woods and make a difference in lives of youth with chronic illness and disability. Many positions available, including lifeguard, media specialist, music instructor, etc. Visit www.bradwoods.org for more information.
- Leadership Southern Indiana’s NEXGEN program embodies the organization mission to engage, develop and mobilize regional leaders who will serve and transform our community. Applications are available to current sophomores who will be juniors in 2017-18 school year. If you are accepted into the program, you will attend 6 excused class days from September 2017 through a graduation in May 2018. See Mrs. Simler for an application. Deadline to apply is March 17. You can get more information at www.leadershipsi.org/programs/
- Ivy Tech’s high school art competition, Art Jam is a competition in the following categories: photography, graphic design, painting, drawing, 3D and interactive media. This year’s theme is Moving Forward: the MLK Jr. Legacy. For more information, go to http://ivysofad.org/?p=2745. Deadline to submit entry is February 27.