Floyd Central High School Online Summer School
Students will be enrolled in online classes only through the “PLATO” program. These restrictions apply:
- Cost of an online course is $10.00 with no charge for free and reduced lunch students. In order for the students to be entered into PLATO, students need to have paid.
- Students are to turn in this application to Mrs. Romines at the bookstore by May 20th . Students should fill out the entire front of this page. These students will receive this form returned to them with login information on the reverse side during the week of 5/23. Once students receive this information, they may begin work in the course.
- Those students who do not turn the form in by that date will need to report to the cafeteria at 8 am on June 6th.
- Students must take all post and unit tests as well as mid-terms and final exams at FCHS but may work on modules and mastery tests at home.
- Teachers will be available at Floyd Central High School beginning Monday June 6th through June 24th from 8 am to 12 pm.
- Classes are listed on the back of this flier. Students may only take one class at a time, unless the principal grants special permission.
- “Get ahead” courses may be taken with permission of the principal. Please note that any courses taken in the summer do not count for class rank. However, it will be counted towards a student’s overall GPA.
- Those students taking Health online will need to attend a 2-hour workshop on CPR and AED training as required by the state of Indiana. That will be held in B 102 beginning at 8 am on June 6th.
- Those students already enrolled in a PLATO course will be “rolled over” into the summer and will not be charged again.
- English 9-12- Semesters 1 & 2
- Algebra I- Semesters 1 & 2
- Algebra II- Semesters 1 & 2
- Geometry- Semesters 1 & 2
- Pre-calculus- Semesters 1 & 2
- Biology- Semesters 1 & 2
- Earth Science- Semesters 1 & 2
- Chemistry- Semesters 1 & 2
- Health & Wellness- One semester
- Physics- Semesters 1 & 2
- American Government- Semesters 1 & 2
- US History- Semesters 1 & 2
- World History- Semesters 1 & 2
- Economics- Semesters 1 & 2
- Geography and World History- Semesters 1 & 2
- Career Information and Exploration- One semester
- Digital Citizenship- One semester