Additional 2019 Scholarship Offers
**For most recent scholarship information, go to your counselor’s google classroom!
- Forman/Highlander Service Award is a $500 scholarship given to the “most giving and active” in community and/or church activities. Essay is required. Application is due by March 15, turn in application to Mrs. Simler.
- Nicholson and Becht Orthodontics offers a $2000 scholarship to a previous or current patient in their practice. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People(NAACP) scholarship is available to seniors who plan to attend college in the fall. Deadline to turn application into Mrs. Simler is April 5.
- Pride of Galena scholarship is a one time $500 award given to a senior who attended Galena Elementary for at least one full year. GPA of 2.5 and essay is required. You must also have a local scholarship application on file from earlier this year. Deadline is April 10.
- FCHS Alumni Scholarship application is now available. Applicant must be a child/grandchild of an FC alumni and have a GPA of 3.5 unweighted or 4.5 weighted. Deadline is April 10.
- MAC Scholars program awards scholarships to seniors planning to major in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology. Award is $500 per semester for 4 years. Information can be found atwww.macconstruction.com and applications are on the scholarship board as well. Deadline is April 2.
- Louisville Urban League Scholarship is available to a senior with a minimum 2.8 GPA and ACT score of 18. Essay is required and there must be financial need. Deadline is April 10.
- Purdue New Albany offers an event for young ladies grades 9-12 interested in the STEM program. Program is October 2nd. If you’d like to be nominated to attend, please see a counselor.
Who Wants to be a College Student?
- Applications are available on the scholarship board. Contest is Monday, September 25th at New Albany High School. If your name gets called, you’re automatically granted $450 in scholarship money. Deadline to Mrs. Simler is September 22.
21st Century Scholars
- If a student qualifies for the 21st Century Scholars program during their 6th, 7th, or 8th grade years the student could receive a college education from an Indiana proprietary institution. In order to receive that free education, the student will have to pledge and display good character, not to commit a crime, plan on attending an Indiana college, apply for state and federal financial aid and graduate high school with a minimum 2.0 GPA. For more information, students can contact an administrator or counselor.
- IUPUI School of Informatics and Computing offers summer workshops including web applications, interactive media, digital games and health/medical research. Workshops run throughout month of June. https://soic.iupui.edu/about/high-school-programs/summerworkshops/
- Volunteer at Bradford Woods and make a difference in lives of youth with chronic illness and disability. Many positions available, including lifeguard, media specialist, music instructor, etc. Visit www.bradwoods.org for more information.
More information about scholarships: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sg-ICV_r2qPjQGugBY5mXIPbyLNeBkNoxWaPA5_Oza4/edit