Happening this week :
· This week is suicide prevention week. Throughout the week, I will be sharing quotes and statistics regarding positivity and suicide prevention. If you’re in a dark place in your life, don’t be afraid to reach out to loved ones for support. Remember, you are not alone, and there is hope.
· All students should have received a ballot last night to vote for Homecoming Court. Voting will close on Wednesday, September 11th at 1:30. If you have any questions about your ballot, please email Mrs. Uhl.
· The FC Cheerleaders competed in their first competition over the weekend. JV won first place and Varsity won first place AND Grand Champion. Great job FC Cheer.
· Juniors & Seniors: Today will be the last day to sign up to meet with a rep from the University of Louisville. Please check Google Classroom 2020 or 2021 for the form to sign up & additional details.
· Tuesday morning Fellowship of Christian Athletes is meeting and sophomore Shannon McKay is speaking. Meetings start at 7 am in the MPR. Donuts and milk are free to everyone who comes.
· Are you interested in making new friends, improving your community, developing leadership skills, and making a difference in the world? If this sounds interesting and you want to become a part of Floyd Central Interact International Club, then pick up an application for club membership at the circulation desk in the media center. Interact International is a globally minded philanthropic club that will hold their annual meeting Sept. 10. after school in the MPR. Interact International Club is sponsored by the New Albany Rotary International Club. Talk to any Rotary or Interact Club member or see Mrs. Poe in the media center for more information.
· This week will begin ticket sales for the FC Fall Fun Fest on September 20th! Early Bird tickets will be sold for $20 on Sept. 9, 10 & 11 at lunch! Week of tickets will cost $25! Get yours early & save money! You DON”T want to miss this event! There will be inflatables, games, prizes, music, Culver’s Custard & Chickfila sandwiches
· FC College Fair will be held on Monday, September 16th in the main gym.
All seniors will attend during 2nd period (8:35-9:23am).
All juniors will attend during 3rd period (9:29-10:18am).
Parents are welcome to join.
· ATTENTION PARENTS:
The FC FALL FUN FEST will be held Friday Sept. 20th! We are looking for parent volunteers to help that day, as well as donations of canned soda and bottled water! Please drop all donations at office, marked “Fun Fest” by 9/19!
Sign Up Genius Link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F094CA9AC2FA1FA7-fcfall
Thank you so much!
Just a reminder:
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Anyone interested in Drivers Education can pick up a registration packet in the bookstore.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at email@example.com.
· Polly’s Freeze is hiring. Applications can be picked up at the store or found online at our website: http://pollysfreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Employment-Application.pdf
· Hartman Dental Associates is looking for a part-time intern or administrative assistant to assist in our office a few days a week. See attached for more info.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· The Lilly Endowment full tuition scholarship is available through Community Foundation Southern Indiana. Apply online. Deadline to apply is September 9th at NOON! You must reside in Clark or Floyd County to be eligible for this scholarship.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
· Horatio Alger Scholarship is available to a student with at least a 2.0 GPA that requires financial assistance to attend college. Deadline to apply is October 25. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/
· Have you done a lot of volunteer work? Then apply for a Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Deadline to apply is November 5.
· Newcomer Funeral Service Group offers $25,000 in scholarships for students pursuing a degree in mortuary science. Deadline to apply is October 25th.
· Interested in teaching? The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides up to $7,500 per year of college (up to $30,000 total) for top-performing Hoosier students who commit to teaching in Indiana for five years after earning their degrees. Deadline to apply is November 30.
Post expires at 7:40am on Tuesday December 10th, 2019