Happening this week :
· Peer Tutors please check Google Classroom and report to Mrs. Mayfield’s office on Friday instead of your usual Peer Tutor Assignment location.
· All National Art Honors Society members that plan to attend the Harvest Homecoming window painting trip need to contact Ms. Jones or Heather Lenart ASAP.
· ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE SWIMMING & DIVING TEAM SHOULD ATTEND AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING ON Wednesday, Sept 25th IN THE MPR AFTER SCHOOL . THE MEETING WILL LAST 20 MINUTES.
· The Dungeons and Dragons Club will meet this Friday September 27th in Mr. Alford’s room. Don’t forget $10 club dues.
· Reminder to those students participating in Learn at Every Turn, please turn in your permit to travel to Mrs. Sowder asap.
· Floyd Central Christian Ministries would like to invite FC Students to “See you At the Pole” on Wednesday at 7:07 at the Clock tower to gather in prayer and praise.
· Any students who ordered a yearbook last year- They will be available for pick up during lunch in the spine today through Wednesday.
· Parents- You can pick up your child’s yearbook Monday through Wednesday of this week during 4th period ( 10:24-11:43) in the rotunda.
· FC will be offering a SAT/PSAT workshop September 30th to October 2nd from 9 am – noon. Please contact Mrs. Cambron in A216 or by email to register. Deadline is September 25th. The workshop is free for the 1st 60 FC students that sign up. ****Flyer attached.
· If you are taking the PSAT and are interested in a Study Guide, they are available to be picked up at the Bookstore
· Anyone interested in taking Drivers Education through Floyd Central can pick up a Registration packet in the bookstore.
· IUS Free Application Week– In conjunction with Indiana’s “College Go” week, IU Southeast will offer an application fee waiver for all undergraduate applicants September 22ndthrough September 28th. Applicants submitting an application at www.ius.edu/apply can enter code “SECOLLGO” to have the $35 application fee waived. Applicants who need assistance with the fee waiver should contact the Admissions Office.
· Paint Prosser Pink ***flyer attached.
Just a reminder:
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Anyone interested in Drivers Education can pick up a registration packet in the bookstore.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Polly’s Freeze is hiring. Applications can be picked up at the store or found online at our website: http://pollysfreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Employment-Application.pdf
INFO from IUS
Free Application Week– In conjunction with Indiana’s “College Go” week, IU Southeast will offer an application fee waiver for all undergraduate applicants September 22ndthrough September 28th. Applicants submitting an application at www.ius.edu/apply can enter code “SECOLLGO” to have the $35 application fee waived. Applicants who need assistance with the fee waiver should contact the Admissions Office.
Admission Scholarships – In addition to our general scholarship offerings, IU Southeast offers automatic scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $3,500 based on grade point average and standardized test score. Our already low tuition makes these very valuable awards. To qualify, current seniors must be admitted by November 1st, 2019. More information about these awards including award criteria is available at: https://www.ius.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/automatic-scholarships.php.
Fall Open House – Our Fall Open House is scheduled for Saturday, October 19th from 10am to 1pm. This is a great opportunity for students to visit campus and meet with faculty, staff, and students.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
· Horatio Alger Scholarship is available to a student with at least a 2.0 GPA that requires financial assistance to attend college. Deadline to apply is October 25. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/
· Have you done a lot of volunteer work? Then apply for a Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Deadline to apply is November 5.
· Newcomer Funeral Service Group offers $25,000 in scholarships for students pursuing a degree in mortuary science. Deadline to apply is October 25th.
· Interested in STEM and Business? Texas A & M offers merit-based full-ride scholarships in areas of STEM, followed by a one year degree in Business. Deadline to apply is December 1. For more information, go to www.brockmanfoundation.org.
· Interested in teaching? The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides up to $7,500 per year of college (up to $30,000 total) for top-performing Hoosier students who commit to teaching in Indiana for five years after earning their degrees. Deadline to apply is November 30.
Cardinal Preview Day
University of Louisville
Saturday, October 12, 2019
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST
Check-in begins at 9:30 am EST
During this full-day event, students and families will explore our beautiful campus with a student-led tour; learn about financial aid and scholarships; attend academic open houses and an information fair; check out a residence hall; hear from current Cardinals about their own unique experiences; and more.
Attendees can stay for the entire day or drop in any time! Registration is encouraged but not required.
Any questions, call 502-852-6531
Anybody interested in joining the Olympic Weightlifting club team is invited to attend a brief informational meeting Thursday morning at 7:15 in room F107 .All skill levels are welcome. For more info contact Coach Gumble.
Post expires at 9:03am on Wednesday December 25th, 2019