o The graduation program is posted in the office window. It is your responsibility to check spelling of your name and type of diploma you are to receive. Let Mrs. Stewart know ASAP if there is an error.
o Class Night and Class Day lists have been posted outside the attendance office, in the counseling area and at the bookstore window. If your name is on it, you are being recognized. Letters are being sent home as well to invite parents. For Class Night, if it says local scholarship, that means you have been awarded a local scholarship that is a part of the local scholarship application you completed in October. If you are not on the list but you are receiving a scholarship, please see Mrs. Simler.
· Students who have turned in a summer school applications to take an online course, login information is in Mrs. Simler’s office. For summer PE, it has not been determined at this time whether all students who turned in an application will get to take summer PE. That information will be sent at a later date.
· Attention junior and senior girls for the 2019-2020 school year:
Turkey Bowl registration will be open in the spine during lunch Tuesday through Thursday next week. The price for registration and uniform is $40 for juniors and $35 for seniors. We will also be selling fan jerseys for your family and friends for $15 each. See Mr. Romig for more information or visit the turkey bowl link on the FC website for more details!
· Students wanting to receive an A in flex PE must show up one of the following days: 5/21, 5/23. You must be dressed and ready in the aux gym no later than 2:40 or you will have to come another day.
· Students need to make sure they have funds in their accounts to buy lunch and ala carte items the last two weeks of school. We are trying to eliminate negative balances at the end of the year. Please utilize your mypaymentsplus account to monitor your payments and balance. If you are a senior and want to know your options for your leftover money, come see Robin in the cafeteria May 29-30th.
· The Floyd Central Esports will be having a meeting this Thursday in Mr. Romig’s room to discuss future plans for the club.
· Koetter Woodworking will be in the spine during lunch this Wednesday. Be sure to stop by the table to hear about job opportunities. Seniors, come with a resume if you’re interested in getting an interview.
· Looking for a job? A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is hiring. We have several opportunities available.
o Hours would be afternoon, Monday thru Friday.
o Must be at least 18 to apply.
o Please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
o You can also look us up on Indeed.com and apply as well.
· McAlister’s Deli is hiring for their Clarksville/ Jeffersonville location. They offer flexible hours to work around other activities. Apply at 1305 Veterans Parkway, Clarksville, via website at McAlistersjobs.com or email the restaurant at email@example.com
· Any females interested in attending an engineering summer camp at IUPUI may pick up an application in the counseling department. Application deadline is June 1st. Spots are limited, so apply early!
· Sophomores NEXGEN is a premier youth program which will grant students an in depth look into the community, assist them in building relationships with peers and community leaders and provide training in communication, financial literacy, philanthropy and more. This is also a great way to learn more about careers and career opportunities. For an application see the class of 2020 Google Classroom or Mr. Clark. Applications are submitted online and signature forms can be picked up from Mr. Clark. NEXGEN is a selective process and will require admitted students to miss several days of school and participate in a community service project
· Interested in STEM opportunities? Visit SummerScience.org! This is a 5 1/2 week experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry. Go to summerscience.org for more information.
· Any FRESHMAN interested in a summer Robotics Engineering Camp at Amatrol in Jeffersonville should pick up an application in the counseling department. This is a two week camp and the cost is only $40. You have to have C’s or better in classes, but no prior experience with robotics. Come pick up a brochure to learn all the details!
DON’T MISS THAT DEADLINE…….
· ESA Foundation Scholarship applications available! ESA will help you find scholarship money. Go to https://epsilonsigmaalpha.org/scholarships-and-grants to apply.
· BigSun Scholarship–
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00.
· Horatio Alger offers a $2500 scholarship for students pursuing career and technical education. You must be enrolled in a two year or less program, must demonstrate financial need and be a US citizen. Deadline to apply is June 15.
The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
Post expires at 12:04pm on Monday July 22nd, 2019