· Students and teachers! Grab 5 friends and sign up during lunch next week to play in FCDM’s first ever Gobble Games. The Gobble Games is a volleyball tournament focused on fun and raising awareness for Riley’s.
· National Art Honors Society will have a mandatory meeting tomorrow after school.
· Auditions are coming up for the Theatre Department’s pilot production of two new Marvel plays as well as Legally Blonde the Musical. Auditions for Marvel are at 3:30pm on November 7 in Studio One. Students auditioning for this production should prepare a one minute monologue from a play.
· Auditions for Legally Blonde are at 3:00pm on November 8 in the Choir room. Students auditioning for that production should prepare 16 bars of a musical theatre song and come prepared to dance, although dance experience is not required. For more information, go to floydcentraltheatre.org.
· Attention SENIORS! The Floyd County health department will be at school giving required vaccines on November 27th. If you participated in the shot clinic last spring, paper work will be mailed home. If you are a senior and would like to participate in the shot clinic please pickup paperwork in the health office. Paperwork is DUE by Thursday, November 15.
· 2018 Winter Fantasia will be on December 6th, 7:00 pm & December 8th at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Student presale tickets will be on sale Monday Nov. 5 – Friday Nov. 9. Faculty and staff will receive an order form in their mail box mid next week. Tickets will be available to the general public Monday, Nov. 12. Performances sell out fast be sure to get your orders in promptly.
· Student Council’s “Two-Can” Tuesday is going on through the month of November. Bring in two cans to any teacher to be collected on Tuesdays until November 20th! Cans will go to local food pantries to help those in need this holiday season
· Drivers Education registration packets can be picked up in the Bookstore. We offer a 30 hour online class and 6 hours of behind the wheel driving with a partner. You must be at least 15 to register.
· Tickets are on sale for the Theatre Department’s production of Matilda the Musical. Stop by the box office between 9am and 2pm or order online at floydcentraltheatre.org
· We will have Mike Broughton here on Wednesday, November 14th at 6 pm in the Distant Learning Lab (DLL) to discuss a marketing program to any prospective student-athletes and their families. This program is similar to the one we offered here a few years ago and we had a few student-athletes take advantage of it. The meeting is free and there is no obligation. Mike has a lot of experience and will be able to answer questions related to recruiting and how student-athletes can assist in getting their name out there to be seen and get some financial help for college while still being able to play the game they love.
· Schedule changes for 2nd semester will be December 4-6 during lunch in the spine. Students can see a counselor to discuss changes that need to be made.
· Georgetown Lions Club Scholarship is available to seniors committed to volunteerism in the community. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
Post expires at 8:01am on Friday November 8th, 2019