o The graduation program is posted in the office window. It is your responsibility to check spelling of your name and type of diploma you are to receive. Let Mrs. Stewart know ASAP if there is an error.
o Graduation tickets – If you have not picked up your original 5 graduation tickets from Mrs. Stewart. Thursday will be the last day to pick them up. If you have not picked them up by Thursday we are to assume you are not participating in graduation on June 2nd.
o Class Night and Class Day lists have been posted outside the attendance office, in the counseling area and at the bookstore window. If your name is on it, you are being recognized. Letters are being sent home as well to invite parents. For Class Night, if it says local scholarship, that means you have been awarded a local scholarship that is a part of the local scholarship application you completed in October. If you are not on the list but you are receiving a scholarship, please see Mrs. Simler.
o Please turn in your kindergarten picture by May 17th to Mrs. Romines in the bookstore. Put your name on the back and it will be returned to you after Senior Lunch
o SENIOR PARENTS–Senior Lunch will take place on Monday, May 20th in the auxiliary gym during regular lunch hours. . We are in need of volunteers to help set up, serve, and items to be donated. Please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F094EABA72AA4F85-senior. Thank you in advance for your contributions and help!
· Prom Court members please remember to stop by Mr. Romig’s room B120 to confirm your nomination.
· The girl’s tennis team won the second round of the Hoosier hills conference against Jeff 4-1 last night. They will play the final round on Friday at Floyd Central starting at 5
· It’s that time of the year again! With FCDM being November 9 this year we are forming committees now! If you are interested in being a committee member you can find the link to apply on out website, or you this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdf5wrpIqwBbKB9CBW3lgVtsKwVAJ3-65dD29j6xTeuQQYMYQ/viewform?pli=1 . Applications are due Wednesday, May 15th.
· Congratulations are in order for NJROTC Drill Team that competed at 2019 National High School Drill Team Championship in Daytona Florida 4-5 May, especially Raye Perry and Ethan Eickholtz which place 3rd in the 2019 Mix Duel Exhibition and the drill team finished 8th overall in the championship.
o Also, Floyd Central NJROTC was awarded Distinguished Unit for Area (the fourth year in a row).
§ 3rd Place – Mix Duel Exhibition
§ 8th Place – Overall
· In the first round of the Hoosier Hills Conference tourney Monday evening, the baseball team won 3-2 in extra innings defeating 4th ranked Columbus East. Senior Aaron Brown drove in Carson Stiller for the game winning run in the 10th inning. Junior Max Meyer pitched 7 scoreless innings and striking out 11 batters. Next, the Highlanders will play Jeffersonville tonight at 6:00 at Highlander Field.
· Those students wanting credit for flex PE must turn in their forms to the athletic office no later than Friday, May 10th. Those wanting to earn an A for flex PE credit must complete a pacer/sit up test on one of the following test dates:
o Tuesday May 14
o Thursday May 16
o Tuesday May 21
o Thursday May 23
You must be dressed and ready to go in the aux gym no later than the 2:40pm testing time. Anyone later will have to test another day.
· Just a reminder, you must be at school a full day on Friday, May 10th in order to attend prom on the 11th.
· Any females interested in attending an engineering summer camp at IUPUI may pick up an application in the counseling department. Application deadline is June 1st. Spots are limited, so apply early!
· To sign up to volunteer for After Prom and/or make donations, please go to the following link. www.fcafterprom.com
· Looking for a job? A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is hiring. We have several opportunities available.
o Hours would be afternoon, Monday thru Friday.
o Must be at least 18 to apply.
o Please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
o You can also look us up on Indeed.com and apply as well.
· McAlister’s Deli is hiring for their Clarksville/ Jeffersonville location. They offer flexible hours to work around other activities. Apply at 1305 Veterans Parkway, Clarksville, via website at McAlistersjobs.com or email the restaurant at email@example.com
· Believe it or not, final exams are only a few weeks away. Wouldn’t you like to encourage your student to do their best with aFinals Fuel Goodie Package? For only $10, this fundraiser for the FC Theatre department provides a student with various snacks and treats, along with a personal note, to help “fuel” them through finals. The students love getting these goodies and they are available for any FC student in grades 9-12!!! Additional information is included on the attached form. Finals Fuel forms are also available in the front office. Turn the form into the front office by Monday, May 20th or mail it into school by May 15th! If you have already purchased this goodie package under its former name, “FC Star Student Care Package”, there is no need to resubmit the form. Your student will receive their package.
· Sophomores NEXGEN is a premier youth program which will grant students an in depth look into the community, assist them in building relationships with peers and community leaders and provide training in communication, financial literacy, philanthropy and more. This is also a great way to learn more about careers and career opportunities. For an application see the class of 2020 Google Classroom or Mr. Clark. Applications are submitted online and signature forms can be picked up from Mr. Clark. NEXGEN is a selective process and will require admitted students to miss several days of school and participate in a community service project
· Interested in STEM opportunities? Visit SummerScience.org! This is a 5 1/2 week experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry. Go to summerscience.org for more information.
· Any FRESHMAN interested in a summer Robotics Engineering Camp at Amatrol in Jeffersonville should pick up an application in the counseling department. This is a two week camp and the cost is only $40. You have to have C’s or better in classes, but no prior experience with robotics. Come pick up a brochure to learn all the details!
DON’T MISS THAT DEADLINE…….
· ESA Foundation Scholarship applications available! ESA will help you find scholarship money. Go tohttps://epsilonsigmaalpha.org/scholarships-and-grants to apply.
· Indy Pride offers a scholarship of $2000 to a student with plans to attend an Indiana based college and who is making contributions to the LGBTQ+ community. This program also provides for those who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community and lack support to attend college. Deadline to apply is May 17. Go to www.indypride.org/educational-scholarships/ to apply.
· BigSun Scholarship–
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00.
· Horatio Alger offers a $2500 scholarship for students pursuing career and technical education. You must be enrolled in a two year or less program, must demonstrate financial need and be a US citizen. Deadline to apply is June 15.
· The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply