- Texas Roadhouse is hosting a Unified Track fundraiser this Sunday afternoon from 12-8 p.m. 10% of your bill will go towards our great team. Pick up your flyer from C113. The Unified Track Team appreciates your support!
- Students interested in community service can volunteer to work the Floyd Central Winterguard Competition on March 9th. If you are interested email Cwilliams@nafcs.k12.in.us. Shifts will vary from morning, afternoon, and evening.
- *ATTENTION JUNIOR PARENTS*After Prom planning is in full swing and we need your help!To lend a hand with decorations, contact us via Facebook, Floyd Central After Prom or email hddparker4@gmail.
- Any student who is interested in an employment opportunity at HYR by becoming an umpire, please get an application from the athletic office. This opportunity would be on weeknights from 5:30 to 9:00 most nights. The pay ranges from $15-$25 per game, usually two games per night. Once the application is complete, please return to the athletic office.
- Any current sophomore or junior who is interested in being a Student Mentor for next school year should pick up an application from the counseling office. Student mentors are paired with struggling underclassmen to help with study and organizational skills. You will receive elective credits for each semester of mentoring,
- Legally Blonde the Musical opens on Friday, March 8. Tickets are on sale at the box office, over the phone and online.
- Fishing team practice will be on Thursday, March 7 at 7:00pm at FC.
- Visit Chillburger on March 12th and 20% of sales go to After prom. Don’t forget to mention that you are supporting FC After prom!
- Dazzler tryouts will take place at FC March 13-15.
- Greenville Elementary Spring Festival is Friday, April 5th from 4-8pm and has an opportunity for service hours. ***flyer attached***
- Dogs Helping Heroes is hosting the second annual dog walk April 6. 2019 at the Jeffersonville Riverstage. The main goal of this event is to raise money and awareness for veterans suffering PTSD who cannot function in day to day life and need a service dog. Service dogs require extensive training, and cost about 20,000-30,000. However, through Dogs Helping Heroes, they reduce that cost to 5,000. Our goal this year is to raise enough money to give two dogs to two veterans in need. We are asking for your help. The cost to walk is $15 and all proceeds go to the dogs!
- Sophomores NEXGEN is a premier youth program which will grant students an in depth look into the community, assist them in building relationships with peers and community leaders and provide training in communication, financial literacy, philanthropy and more. This is also a great way to learn more about careers and career opportunities. For an application see the class of 2020 Google Classroom or Mr. Clark. Applications are submitted online and signature forms can be picked up from Mr. Clark. NEXGEN is a selective process and will require admitted students to miss several days of school and participate in a community service project
- After Prom dates- When you visit the following restaurants on the listed dates a percentage of your check will go to FC after prom.
- Beef-O-Brady’s will be on April 4th.-up to 10% of ALL sales (including alcohol) Floyds Knobs location ALL day. The 10% depends on volume and amount of customers we bring in with our fundraiser
- Chillburger will be March 12th and May 1st. -20% of sales (excluding alcohol), Floyds Knobs location ALL day.
*****You MUST mention that you are there supporting FC Afterprom! Hint: If you write “FC Afterprom” on your receipt, that will help also.*****
- Interested in STEM opportunities? Visit SummerScience.org! This is a 5 1/2 week experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry. Go to summerscience.org for more information.
DON’T MISS THAT SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE…….
- ESA Foundation Scholarship applications available! ESA will help you find scholarship money. Go to https://epsilonsigmaalpha.org/scholarships-and-grants to apply.
- Many scholarship opportunities through Clark REMC. If your parent/guardian is a member of Clark REMC, you may eligible for a $1000 scholarship! Deadline is March 10.
- Forman/Highlander Service Award is a $500 scholarship given to the “most giving and active” in community and/or church activities. Essay is required. Application is due to Mrs. Simler by March 15.
- Juniors, if you are interested or are planning on doing half days next year as a senior, while attending Ivy Tech, registration for Fall classes begins March 18. Once you register, you can bring your Ivy Tech course schedule to your counselor, along with the colored post-secondary enrollment form to get your course requests changed to reflect that plan. This will save time in having to do it before the new school year begins. Please see your counselor if you have any questions.
- Naval Academy Summer Seminar (NASS) for current Juniors: The Naval Academy Summer Seminar (NASS) registration opened January 3rd and will remain open until March 31st. This is a chance for Rising Seniors to try out the Naval Academy for six days in June. See Mr. Clark for application and other information
- Georgetown Lions Club Scholarship is available to seniors committed to volunteerism in
the community. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
- Indiana Sheriffs’ Association awards 40 $750 scholarships to students pursuing a career in criminal justice. Deadline is April 1. Go to www.indianasheriffs.org for more information.
- United Producers is offering 10 $1000 scholarships to students pursuing a career in the agricultural field. Applicant must be a child/grandchild of a UPI member. Deadline is April 1
- MAC Scholars program awards scholarships to seniors planning to major in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology. Award is $500 per semester for 4 years. Information can be found at www.macconstruction.com and applications are on the scholarship board as well. Deadline is April 2.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) scholarship is available to seniors who plan to attend college in the fall. Deadline to turn application into Mrs. Simler is April 5.
- Louisville Urban League Scholarship is available to a senior with a minimum 2.8 GPA and ACT score of 18. Essay is required and there must be financial need. Deadline is April 10.
- FCHS Alumni Scholarship application is now available. Applicant must be a child/grandchild of an FC alumni and have a GPA of 3.5 unweighted or 4.5 weighted. Deadline is April 10.
- Pride of Galena scholarship is a one- time $500 award given to a senior who attended Galena Elementary for at least one full year. GPA of 2.5 and essay is required. You must also have a local scholarship application on file from earlier this year. Deadline is April 10.
- Interested in the law and the legal profession? The Summer Law Institute at UofL is a week long camp in June where students learn the fundamentals of trial procedure, discuss important legal and social issues, and study how the law affects their lives. Students will participate in workshops and mock trial practice. If interested, applications are available in the counseling department. Application deadline is April 10th. **Application attached**
- Floyd County Farm Bureau scholarship is an $800 scholarship award available to a student whose parent/guardian is a Floyd County Farm Bureau member. Applications due to Mrs. Simler by April 12.
- Student Insights offers $11,000 worth of scholarships to seniors. Go to www.student-view.com to apply. Deadline is April 22, 2019
- Morehead State University will be here on March 12th to meet with students interested in their nursing program. Sign up in the counseling department if interested.