Happening now :
· The Academic Super Bowl at Corydon Central tonight has also been cancelled
· Highlander Outfitters is having a Flash Sale Thursday and Friday during lunch! All basketball apparel will be 30% off to celebrate the team going to Regionals. Come shop the store and the spine to grab this deal!
· Anyone interested in trying out for the boys golf team this season tryouts will begin on Monday March 16th at 3 PM at Valley View golf course.
· The Unified Track Partner Roster is posted in the Bookstore and Athletic Office windows.
· Seniors: The deadline to fill out your FAFSA for college financial assistance is April 15. Please fill it out regardless of whether you believe that you will be eligible for federal financial aid so you may qualify for other aid and scholarships.
· Come and support our internationally recognized theatre department in their performance of “Gypsy” . Shows are March 13 & 14 at 7:30pm and March 15 at 2:00pm. Ticket prices range from $6 – $20 and can be purchased at the box office, on line (floydcentraltheatre.org) or by calling 812-542-2284. This show is recommended PG-13.
· FC Girls Volleyball will meet on Thursday, March 12th for those girls interested in playing volleyball next year. Meeting starts at 2:30 in the MPR.
· Louisville Artisans Guild offers a scholarship for students pursuing an art related major in college. This is a one-time $2000 award. Five pieces of portfolio work are required with admission. More information is on the scholarship board in Student Services. Deadline to apply is March 21, 2020.
· FBI Youth Leadership Academy for Juniors. **see attached for more info
Just a reminder:
· Campus Life Core meets every Thursday morning at 7:07 AM in C105. Everyone is welcome!
· Summer camp options**flyer attached
· Graduation is Sunday, May 31st at 2pm.
· Prom is Saturday, May 23rd.
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Floyd Central Drivers Education is now accepting new drivers. If you are 15 and would like to take Drivers Ed you may pick a registration packet in the bookstore.
· UPS is hiring. ***see attached flyer
· Seeds of Knowledge Preschool/Daycare is now hiring!
o Looking to hire after school help
o Around 15 hours per week
o Call 812-923-0123 for details
· St. John’s Daycare is Lanesville is Hiring! *****flyer attached.
· Highlander Point JayC store is hiring! See attached flyer for details.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at email@example.com.
· The MAC Scholars program awards scholarships to seniors planning to attend a college in Indiana or Kentucky and major in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Construction Engineering and Management. Applications are on the scholarship board. Please turn applications into Mrs. Simler by April 8.
· Seniors, several scholarship opportunities have been posted to Classroom of 2020. Be sure to check them out! Classroom is where scholarships will be posted and you can get copies of the scholarships in the counseling area on the counseling board.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· You can take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
Post expires at 7:42am on Saturday June 13th, 2020