- Any current sophomore or junior who is interested in being a Student Mentor for next school year should pick up an application from the counseling office. Student mentors are paired with struggling underclassmen to help with study and organizational skills. You will receive elective credits for each semester of mentoring.
- 2019 FC BOYS VOLLEYBALL TRYOUTS Come join us in our 4th year and be a part of growing boys volleyball in Southern Indiana!
- Fielding an A, B and C team
- 2 players named to All-State Tournament Team; a recent D1 commit
- Multi-sport athletes welcomed
- No prior experience required
- TRY OUTs: Sun. 2/17 4-6 PM & Tues. 2/19 6-8 PM
- *Physicals must be completed before try out
- Arrive apx. 15 min early for check in
- If any questions, or if unable to make the try out, contact email@example.com to arrange a make up try out.
- Interested in the sport of fencing? The Louisville Fencing Center will visit Floyd Central to offer 8 weeks of after-school instruction. Classes start on February 28. If interested, there will be an introductory meeting Thursday, February 14 in A204 from 2:30 to 3:00. Space in the classes is limited to 25. See Mr. McRae in A204 for more information.”
- The FC Fishing team will have a mandatory meeting this Friday at 7pm. Team fee is due Thursday.
- Looking for a club or activity to join, but limited on time, consider joining the Floyd Central Digital Book Club! If you enjoy reading and discussing books with other students, this will provide a safe public forum in a virtual book club experience with fellow students. The club will be student lead. Our first book read will be Surviving the Angel of Death by Eva Kor. Stop by the media center to sign up and receive a free NAFC Public Library digital library card.
- Juniors, The UPS School to Work Program allows students to take morning classes at FC and then work the afternoon shift at UPS senior year. Students will also take a free college course both semesters and begin earning college credit. UPS will be here February 8th at 8am for those students interested. Senior interested in working at UPS after graduation are also encouraged to sign up for this meeting. See Mr. Clark for more information or sign up.
- Student Council is selling Valentine’s Day Crush Cans for $1.00 in the spine during lunch. Sales will run through February 13th and cans will be passed out during 7th period on the 14th. Proceeds will go to Blessings in a Backpack. Buy a can for your crush, friend or favorite staff member!
- Senior Dinner Dance tickets are on sale in the bookstore during lunch .Cost is $30/person. Tickets will be sold through Friday, February 8th.The dance will be held on Sunday, Feb 17th from 6-10pm @ The Olmsted. ***flyer attached
Future happenings & Scholarship Info:
- After Prom dates- When you visit the following restaurants on the listed dates a percentage of your check will go to FC after prom.
- Beef-O-Brady’s will be on April 4th.-up to 10% of ALL sales (including alcohol) Floyds Knobs location ALL day. The 10% depends on volume and amount of customers we bring in with our fundraiser
- Bearno’s will be Feb. 20th.-20% of ALL sales (including alcohol), ALL Floyd County locations, ALL day.
- Chillburger will be March 12th and May 1st. -20% of sales (excluding alcohol), Floyds Knobs location ALL day.
- ***You MUST mention that you are there supporting FC Afterprom! Hint: If you write “FC Afterprom” on your receipt, that will help also.*****
- Naval Academy Summer Seminar (NASS) for current Juniors: The Naval Academy Summer Seminar (NASS) registration opened January 3rd and will remain open until March 31st. This is a chance for Rising Seniors to try out the Naval Academy for six days in June. See Mr. Clark for application and other information
- Georgetown Lions Club Scholarship is available to seniors committed to volunteerism in the community. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
- BigSun Scholarship–The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in.Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00.The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
- ESA Foundation Scholarship applications available! ESA will help you find scholarship money. Go tohttps://epsilonsigmaalpha.org/
scholarships-and-grants to apply.
- Kiwanis Foundation offers a $1000 scholarship to a senior attending a college in Indiana next year. Applications due to Mrs. Simler by February 15, 2019.
- Interested in STEM opportunities? Visit SummerScience.org! This is a 5 1/2 week experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry. Go to summerscience.org for more information.
- Student Insights offers $11,000 worth of scholarships to seniors. Go to www.student-view.com to apply. Deadline is April 22, 2019
- Youth tour to Washington DC is sponsored by Harrison REMC. Deadline to apply is March 4. Apply at IndianaYouthTour.org
- Many scholarship opportunities through Clark REMC. If your parent/guardian is a member of Clark REMC, you may eligible for a $1000 scholarship! Deadline is March 10
- Indiana Sheriffs’ Association awards 40 $750 scholarships to students pursuing a career in criminal justice. Deadline is April 1. Go to www.indianasheriffs.org for more information.
- United Producers is offering 10 $1000 scholarships to students pursuing a career in the agricultural field. Applicant must be a child/grandchild of a UPI member. Deadline is April 1.
- McNeely Stephenson offers three scholarships to seniors. For more information, go to https://www.newalbanylaw.com/
community-involvement- scholarship/ Deadline is May 1.
Post expires at 7:44am on Friday March 8th, 2019