Homecoming Nominations: You may nominate one person from your own class. Nominations will be accepted until 1:30pm on Friday.
· Floyd Central Interact club is sponsoring a school supply drive to benefit Fairmont Elementary School.
One person from each grade that brings the most items will receive a $15 gift card to the place of their choosing. All items must be turned in with a bag that has your name and grade labeled. Boxes are located in the spine, next to the athletic office, and in the front office. Donations are due August 30th.
· The NEW club, Best Buddies, will have a table set up in the spine Mon, Aug 19th through Thurs, Aug 22 during lunch with club information for those interested in joining.
Applications that were handed out on Monday and Tuesday are incorrect. Please pick up a new application today during lunch if you are interested in joining.
· There will be an informational meeting for the Floyd Central Unified Football this Thursday at 6pm in the MPR. See Mr. Russell for more information
· There will be a brief wrestling meeting in Coach Sisson’s room(D104) after school on Friday for anyone interested in wrestling this year and not currently involved in a fall sport.
· The Floyd Central Marching Band will be holding its annual yard sale from 8am-2pm at the Republic Bank at Highlander Point on Saturday, August 24th. The yard sale items will be sold on an “at will” donation basis and will not be individually priced, with the exception of a few big-ticket items. Have any old clothes or household items you no longer need or love and want to get rid of? Here’s your chance to help out a good cause! Donations are gladly accepted and can be dropped off starting at 6:30am at Republic Bank the morning of the sale. Please NO old tube TVs, unframed mirrors or glass, computer equipment, live animals, or building materials. Come out on the 24th to support the Marching Highlanders by shopping, donating, or by doing both!!
· The Gender and Sexuality Alliance club is having a meeting this Friday in D107 after school. The club goal is to educate students about LGBT history and activism in the world. Hope to see you there!
· Floyd Central Dance Marathon will be hosting a tailgate on Friday, September 6th. The tailgate begins at 5:30 pm at the football field. Tickets are $5 and include hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, drink, and dessert. Ticket price do NOT include required admission to the football game. There will also be a silent auction at the game with lots of great items such as golf packages, attraction tickets, spa and hair salon certificates and much more. All proceeds benefit Riley Hospital for Children. We look forward to seeing you there.
· FC will be giving the PSAT October 16th. Sign-ups will begin TODAY with Mrs. Romines in the bookstore. It is free for Juniors and $15 for Freshman who want to take the test. (payable with cash, check, or money order)
· Campus Life meets Monday nights at 7:07pm in the FC Building 2 gym.
Just a reminder:
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Anyone interested in Drivers Education can pick up a registration packet in the bookstore.
· Polly’s Freeze is hiring. Applications can be picked up at the store or found online at our website: http://pollysfreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Employment-Application.pdf
· Hartman Dental Associates is looking for a part-time intern or administrative assistant to assist in our office a few days a week. See attached for more info.
· Dress & Dwell. Flyer attached.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· The Lilly Endowment full tuition scholarship is available through Community Foundation Southern Indiana. Apply online. Deadline to apply is September 9th at NOON! You must reside in Clark or Floyd County to be eligible for this scholarship.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.comand click on the scholarship tab.