- The Girls’ Basketball Team opens their season tonight at home versus Evansville Harrison. Come support the highlanders, JV game starts at 6:30.
- Attention SENIORS! The Floyd County health department will be at school giving required vaccines on November 27th. If you participated in the shot clinic last spring, paper work will be mailed home. If you are a senior and would like to participate in the shot clinic please pickup paperwork in the health office. Paperwork is DUE by Thursday, November 15.
- 2018 Winter Fantasia will be on December 6th, 7:00 pm & December 8th at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Student presale tickets will be on sale Monday Nov. 5 – Friday Nov. 9. Faculty and staff will receive an order form in their mail box mid next week. Tickets will be available to the general public Monday, Nov. 12. Performances sell out fast be sure to get your orders in promptly.
- Student Council’s “Two-Can” Tuesday is going on through the month of November. Bring in two cans to any teacher to be collected on Tuesdays until November 20th! Cans will go to local food pantries to help those in need this holiday season
- Drivers Education registration packets can be picked up in the Bookstore. We offer a 30 hour online class and 6 hours of behind the wheel driving with a partner. You must be at least 15 to register.
- The deadline for GSA shirts is November 2. Bring your $15 to Mrs. Shaffer in D107 or Mrs. Conway in A201.
- Technical Crew applications for the pilot productions of Marvel Plays as well as Legally Blonde are available outside of the theatre office. Students applying for the crew should return the application to Mr. Willis in the theatre offices by Friday, November 2nd. Contact Mr. Willis for more information.
- Tickets are on sale for the Theatre Department’s production of Matilda the Musical. Stop by the box office between 9am and 2pm or order online at floydcentraltheatre.org.
- Tryouts for all boys basketball teams will begin on Monday, Nov 5. Any student interested must have a physical form on file. Please see Mr. Sturgeon in B132 with questions.
- Auditions are coming up for the Theatre Department’s pilot production of two new Marvel plays as well as Legally Blonde the Musical. Auditions for Marvel are at 3:30pm on November 7 in Studio One. Students auditioning for this production should prepare a one minute monologue from a play.
- Auditions for Legally Blonde are at 3:00pm on November 8 in the Choir room. Students auditioning for that production should prepare 16 bars of a musical theatre song and come prepared to dance, although dance experience is not required. For more information, go to floydcentraltheatre.org.
- Are you making a difference through volunteering? Apply for a 2019 Prudential Spirit of Community Award and you could win $1000 and a trip to Washington DC! Deadline to apply is November 6. Go to nassp.org/spirit to apply.
- Schedule changes for 2nd semester will be December 4-6 during lunch in the spine. Students can see a counselor to discuss changes that need to be made.
- Georgetown Lions Club Scholarship is available to seniors committed to volunteerism in the community. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
- We will have Mike Broughton here on Wednesday, November 14th in the Distant Learning Lab (DLL) to discuss a marketing program to any prospective student-athletes and their families. This program is similar to the one we offered here a few years ago and we had a few student-athletes take advantage of it. The meeting is free and there is no obligation. Mike has a lot of experience and will be able to answer questions related to recruiting and how student-athletes can assist in getting their name out there to be seen and get some financial help for college while still being able to play the game they love. ***see attachment
Post expires at 7:52am on Wednesday November 6th, 2019