Happening this week :
· Homecoming Spirit week is this week.
Monday- Jersey Day
Tuesday- Tie Dye Tuesday
Wednesday- Hat Day
Thursday- Throwback Thursday
Friday- Color Block Day – Freshman: White
· FC will be offering a SAT/PSAT workshop September 30th to October 2nd from 9 am – noon. Please contact Mrs. Cambron in A216 or by email to register. Deadline is September 25th. The workshop is free for the 1st 60 FC students that sign up. ****Flyer attached.
· The Southern Indiana College Fair will be held at New Albany High School on Monday, September 16th, from 6:30-8pm. All grade levels are welcome to attend and we encourage you and your parents to check it out that night! It’s a great opportunity to explore colleges and gain valuable information about the admissions process.
· The current POLICY debate topic is “The U.S. should substantially reduce military arms sales to foreign countries. ” Learn more about DEBATE on September 19 after school in Room C109.
· ATTENTION PARENTS:
The FC FALL FUN FEST will be held Friday Sept. 20th! We are looking for parent volunteers to help that day. At this point we ONLY need donations of CANNED SODA! Please drop all donations at office, marked “Fun Fest” by 9/19!
Sign Up Genius Link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F094CA9AC2FA1FA7-fcfall
Thank you so much!
· The September Student of the Month luncheon is this Wednesday, September 20, in the MPR. Come eat, grab some FC gear, and be entered for a gift card. You DO NOT need to bring your luncheon invitation.
Just a reminder:
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Anyone interested in Drivers Education can pick up a registration packet in the bookstore.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Polly’s Freeze is hiring. Applications can be picked up at the store or found online at our website: http://pollysfreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Employment-Application.pdf
INFO from IUS
Free Application Week– In conjunction with Indiana’s “College Go” week, IU Southeast will offer an application fee waiver for all undergraduate applicants September 22ndthrough September 28th. Applicants submitting an application at www.ius.edu/apply can enter code “SECOLLGO” to have the $35 application fee waived. Applicants who need assistance with the fee waiver should contact the Admissions Office.
Admission Scholarships – In addition to our general scholarship offerings, IU Southeast offers automatic scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $3,500 based on grade point average and standardized test score. Our already low tuition makes these very valuable awards. To qualify, current seniors must be admitted by November 1st, 2019. More information about these awards including award criteria is available at: https://www.ius.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/automatic-scholarships.php.
Fall Open House – Our Fall Open House is scheduled for Saturday, October 19th from 10am to 1pm. This is a great opportunity for students to visit campus and meet with faculty, staff, and students.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
· Horatio Alger Scholarship is available to a student with at least a 2.0 GPA that requires financial assistance to attend college. Deadline to apply is October 25. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/
· Have you done a lot of volunteer work? Then apply for a Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Deadline to apply is November 5.
· Newcomer Funeral Service Group offers $25,000 in scholarships for students pursuing a degree in mortuary science. Deadline to apply is October 25th.
· Interested in teaching? The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides up to $7,500 per year of college (up to $30,000 total) for top-performing Hoosier students who commit to teaching in Indiana for five years after earning their degrees. Deadline to apply is November 30.
Cardinal Preview Day
University of Louisville
Saturday, October 12, 2019
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST
Check-in begins at 9:30 am EST
During this full-day event, students and families will explore our beautiful campus with a student-led tour; learn about financial aid and scholarships; attend academic open houses and an information fair; check out a residence hall; hear from current Cardinals about their own unique experiences; and more.
Attendees can stay for the entire day or drop in any time! Registration is encouraged but not required.
Any questions, call 502-852-6531
Post expires at 8:32am on Tuesday December 17th, 2019