o The graduation program is posted in the office window. It is your responsibility to check spelling of your name and type of diploma you are to receive. Let Mrs. Stewart know ASAP if there is an error.
o Class Night and Class Day lists have been posted outside the attendance office, in the counseling area and at the bookstore window. If your name is on it, you are being recognized. Letters are being sent home as well to invite parents. For Class Night, if it says local scholarship, that means you have been awarded a local scholarship that is a part of the local scholarship application you completed in October. If you are not on the list but you are receiving a scholarship, please see Mrs. Simler.
o Please turn in your kindergarten picture by May 17th to Mrs. Romines in the bookstore. Put your name on the back and it will be returned to you after Senior Lunch
· SENIOR PARENTS – Senior Lunch
$5 donations are needed
We are looking forward to hosting our seniors for lunch on Monday, May 20th during lunch. To cater this amount of students from outside the school, monetary donations are greatly appreciated. Please send in your donation to the front office this week. Without your donations, this lunch would not be possible. We are requesting a $5 donation per senior. If you are able to donate more, we appreciate your generosity! Checks can be made to Floyd Central with Senior Lunch written in the memo.
There are a few more spots remaining on sign-up genius https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F094EABA72AA4F85-senior. All donated food and drink items may be delivered to FC this week to the front office, however no later than Friday, May 17th. Any questions, e-mail Faye Eades at Fayeeades@gmail.com.
· This week is your last chance to shop at Highlander Outfitters for the year. The store will be open Thursday and Friday during lunch and there are still plenty of items on clearance, so grab your gear before it’s gone!
· There will a football parent meeting this Wednesday May 15 @ 7:00pm in the high school cafeteria. Players and one parent/guardian need to attend this meeting.
· Congratulation to the boys track team for winning HHC. Individual champions were Jon Gunn in the 100 and 200, Cam Sturgeon in the shot put and discus, Luke Heinemann in the 1600, and the 4×100 relay of Gunn, Frazier, Hutslar and Little. The Boys complete at sectionals on Thursday
· Third-seeded Floyd Central men’s volleyball won 2 straight-set victories and the Regional Seven title Saturday at Highland Hills Middle School. The boys advance to semi state starting Friday night at 8pm against Brownsburg at Franklin Community HS.
· The Dungeons and Dragons Club will meet this Friday May 17th in Mrs. Conway’s room (in A201) right after school until 4 p.m
· Come join the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Tuesday morning at 7 in the MPR for a time of worship music
· Want to encourage your student as they study for finals? The Finals Fuel Goodie Packages are still available but only for a limited time. For only $10, this fundraiser for the FC Theatre department provides drinks and plenty of snacks, along with a personal note from you, to help “fuel” any FC student through finals. Deadline to mail the form into the school is MAY15th or turn them into the front office by Monday, MAY 20th. Buy a package now, students love them!
· It’s that time of the year again! With FCDM being November 9 this year we are forming committees now! If you are interested in being a committee member you can find the link to apply on out website, or you this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdf5wrpIqwBbKB9CBW3lgVtsKwVAJ3-65dD29j6xTeuQQYMYQ/viewform?pli=1 . Applications are due Wednesday, May 15th.
· The Pacer/sit up test dates for Flex PE are:
o Tuesday May 14
o Thursday May 16
o Tuesday May 21
o Thursday May 23
You must be dressed and ready to go in the aux gym no later than the 2:40pm testing time. Anyone later will have to test another day.
· Looking for a job? A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is hiring. We have several opportunities available.
o Hours would be afternoon, Monday thru Friday.
o Must be at least 18 to apply.
o Please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
o You can also look us up on Indeed.com and apply as well.
· McAlister’s Deli is hiring for their Clarksville/ Jeffersonville location. They offer flexible hours to work around other activities. Apply at 1305 Veterans Parkway, Clarksville, via website at McAlistersjobs.com or email the restaurant at email@example.com
· Any females interested in attending an engineering summer camp at IUPUI may pick up an application in the counseling department. Application deadline is June 1st. Spots are limited, so apply early!
· Sophomores NEXGEN is a premier youth program which will grant students an in depth look into the community, assist them in building relationships with peers and community leaders and provide training in communication, financial literacy, philanthropy and more. This is also a great way to learn more about careers and career opportunities. For an application see the class of 2020 Google Classroom or Mr. Clark. Applications are submitted online and signature forms can be picked up from Mr. Clark. NEXGEN is a selective process and will require admitted students to miss several days of school and participate in a community service project
· Interested in STEM opportunities? Visit SummerScience.org! This is a 5 1/2 week experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry. Go to summerscience.org for more information.
· Any FRESHMAN interested in a summer Robotics Engineering Camp at Amatrol in Jeffersonville should pick up an application in the counseling department. This is a two week camp and the cost is only $40. You have to have C’s or better in classes, but no prior experience with robotics. Come pick up a brochure to learn all the details!
DON’T MISS THAT DEADLINE…….
· ESA Foundation Scholarship applications available! ESA will help you find scholarship money. Go tohttps://epsilonsigmaalpha.org/scholarships-and-grants to apply.
· Indy Pride offers a scholarship of $2000 to a student with plans to attend an Indiana based college and who is making contributions to the LGBTQ+ community. This program also provides for those who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community and lack support to attend college. Deadline to apply is May 17. Go to www.indypride.org/educational-scholarships/ to apply.
· BigSun Scholarship–
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00.
· Horatio Alger offers a $2500 scholarship for students pursuing career and technical education. You must be enrolled in a two year or less program, must demonstrate financial need and be a US citizen. Deadline to apply is June 15.
· The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply