There will be a meeting for all students, grades 9-12, in the 21st Century Scholar program on Wednesday, March 11, at 7:30 in the MPR room. See Dr. Voelker if you have any questions.
· The girls track and field team competed at the Lawrence Central HSR qualifier this weekend of University of Indianapolis. Annalise Zeinemann won the pole vault and set an indoor school record. Sydney Liddle also won the 3200m. Reese Davis was second in the pole vault. Placing third in the distance medley relay was Jaydon Cirincione, Keegan Kaiser, Natalie Clare, and Sydney Liddle. Earning a 6th place finish and setting an indoor school record was Keegan Kaiser in the 60hurdles. Also in 6th was the 8×800 of Chloe Loftus, Carley Conway, Savanna Liddle, and Sydney Baxter. The 4×400 relay of Racquel Semer, Kylee Lewellen, Natalie Clare, and Keegan Kaiser was 6th as well. The girls will compete next weekend at the University of Indianapolis again.
· Congrats to the FC Boys Basketball team for their sectional win!!!
· Social Studies academic team members need to stop in and see Mr. Thomas sometime today.
· The Unified Track Partner Roster is posted in the Bookstore and Athletic Office windows.
· NEXGEN is Southern Indiana’s award-winning youth leadership program. Online applications are now available. Open to any current high school sophomore in Southern Indiana, the program’s objectives will provide experiences for you as a young leader of our community to encourage your future success. Visit the Class of 2022’s Google Classroom for signature forms and link to application. Signature forms are due to Mr. Clark by March 10th and you may see him for more information.
· FCA will meet tomorrow Morning in the MPR. Kyle Wilson will be the guest speaker.
· Seniors: The deadline to fill out your FAFSA for college financial assistance is April 15. Please fill it out regardless of whether you believe that you will be eligible for federal financial aid so you may qualify for other aid and scholarships.
· Come and support our internationally recognized theatre department in their performance of “Gypsy” . Shows are March 13 & 14 at 7:30pm and March 15 at 2:00pm. Ticket prices range from $6 – $20 and can be purchased at the box office, on line (floydcentraltheatre.org) or by calling 812-542-2284. This show is recommended PG-13.
· FC Girls Volleyball will meet on Thursday, March 12th for those girls interested in playing volleyball next year. Meeting starts at 2:30 in the MPR.
· Kelly hiring event. March 11 10am -2pm.**flyer attached
· Summer camp options**flyer attached
· Do you need community service hours? You can volunteer at the Tri-State Marching Arts Competition on March 7th. There are several ways volunteers can help. Volunteers will work shifts on the competition day. If you are interested or have questions, email Mr. Williams @ email@example.com. (2/25)
· Louisville Artisans Guild offers a scholarship for students pursuing an art related major in college. This is a one-time $2000 award. Five pieces of portfolio work are required with admission. More information is on the scholarship board in Student Services. Deadline to apply is March 21, 2020.
· FBI Youth Leadership Academy for Juniors. **see attached for more info
Just a reminder:
· Graduation is Sunday, May 31st at 2pm.
· Prom is Saturday, May 23rd.
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Floyd Central Drivers Education is now accepting new drivers. If you are 15 and would like to take Drivers Ed you may pick a registration packet in the bookstore.
· UPS is hiring. ***see attached flyer
· Seeds of Knowledge Preschool/Daycare is now hiring!
o Looking to hire after school help
o Around 15 hours per week
o Call 812-923-0123 for details
· St. John’s Daycare is Lanesville is Hiring! *****flyer attached.
· Highlander Point JayC store is hiring! See attached flyer for details.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The MAC Scholars program awards scholarships to seniors planning to attend a college in Indiana or Kentucky and major in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Construction Engineering and Management. Applications are on the scholarship board. Please turn applications into Mrs. Simler by April 8.
· Seniors, several scholarship opportunities have been posted to Classroom of 2020. Be sure to check them out! Classroom is where scholarships will be posted and you can get copies of the scholarships in the counseling area on the counseling board.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· You can take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
Post expires at 7:45am on Wednesday June 10th, 2020