Happening now :
· Juniors & seniors: Hanover College will be here this Thursday during 6th period. Sign up on Google Classroom Class of 2020 or 2021 to meet with the rep.
· NEXGEN is Southern Indiana’s award-winning youth leadership program. Online applications are now available. Open to any current high school sophomore in Southern Indiana, the program’s objectives will provide experiences for you as a young leader of our community to encourage your future success. Visit the Class of 2022’s Google Classroom for signature forms and link to application. Signature forms are due to Mr. Clark by March 10th and you may see him for more information.
· Seniors, several scholarship opportunities have been posted to Classroom of 2020. Be sure to check them out! Classroom is where scholarships will be posted and you can get copies of the scholarships in the counseling area on the counseling board.
· Do you need community service hours? You can volunteer at the Tri-State Marching Arts Competition on March 7th. There are several ways volunteers can help. Volunteers will work shifts on the competition day. If you are interested or have questions, email Mr. Williams @ firstname.lastname@example.org. (2/25)
· Boys Track and Field officially starts TODAY. If anyone is wanting to join they need to be there in the Aux gym Today unless they are involved in another sport. Make sure you have a physical on file or you will not be able to participate
· FC Boys Volleyball Open Gym is Tues. 2/18 after school till 5 PM. Try out is Thurs. 2/20 7-9 PM. Come join in on the 5th season for this program and be part of a fun and growing sport. Multiple teams will be formed, multi-sport athletes welcomed, and no prior experience needed. Play Southern Indiana and Louisville area schools. If any questions, or if unable to make the try out, contact email@example.com to arrange a makeup try out. Physical needs to be on file.
· Applications for the 2020-2021 Student Mentors are available in the counselors’ offices. We are looking for CURRENT 10th and 11th graders who are outgoing and caring students that want to have a leadership role. Student mentors will be involved in Freshman Night Out and will be paired with a freshman student to build a rapport with and help on a daily basis as a Community Service Leader. You will earn two elective credits and 96 hours of community service for the year. The deadline for the application is February 28th.
· Planning for Floyd Central Dance Marathon 2020 is currently underway. If you are interested in being part of this incredible event please consider applying for a position on the executive council. Applications can be accessed on our website at www.floydcentraldancemarathon.com. Applications should be submitted online and are due by the END OF THE DAY on Friday, February 7th. Please see Mrs. Uhl in B135 if you have any questions.
· ASVAB will be given March 6th at 7:40 AM for the first 50 students to sign up with Mrs. Romines in the bookstore. The test is free and only available for 10th – 12th graders. ASVAB can be used for military enlistment or career exploration.
· Clover Gaming Spark Club for 6th -12th grades ****see attached flyer
· Campus Life Core will meet every Thursday morning at 7:07 AM in C105. Everyone is welcome!
· FBI Youth Leadership Academy for Juniors. **see attached for more info
Just a reminder:
· Graduation is Sunday, May 31st at 2pm.
· Prom is Saturday, May 23rd.
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Sophomores and juniors Prosser applications are now available in Student Services. Completed applications need to be returned to your Counselor.
· Floyd Central Drivers Education is now accepting new drivers. If you are 15 and would like to take Drivers Ed you may pick a registration packet in the bookstore.
· Seeds of Knowledge Preschool/Daycare is now hiring!
o Looking to hire after school help
o Around 15 hours per week
o Call 812-923-0123 for details
· St. John’s Daycare is Lanesville is Hiring! *****flyer attached.
· Highlander Point JayC store is hiring! See attached flyer for details.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
· Louisville Artisans Guild offers a scholarship for students pursuing an art related major in college. This is a one-time $2000 award. Five pieces of portfolio work are required with admission. More information is on the scholarship board in Student Services. Deadline to apply is March 21, 2020.
Post expires at 1:23pm on Sunday July 5th, 2020