- Highlander Outfitters is having their semi-annual clearance sale in the spine during lunch on Thursday and Friday.
- Please come and support the National Art Honors Society by coming to the art sale this Thursday, Dec 6 from 2:45- 7 pm. Make sure to come and check out some amazing art work. Tell your friends and family and spread the word!
- Homecoming nominations will begin on Monday and go through the end of the day Thursday. Students will receive an email from Mrs. Katrina Uhl.
- The girls swimming & diving team finished 6th & the boys team finished 4th for a combined 5th place team finish at the Indiana Swimming & Diving Hall of Fame Classic over the weekend. Top 8 Finishers: Dalton Lawver, Carson Huber, Christian Salinas, Henry Lang, Dillon Freiberger, Tristan Deaton, Evan Thomas, Justin Tracy, Conner Bickel & Lauren Thompson. Both teams will travel to Madison tomorrow for an HHC duel.
- Those students who wish to earn an A for their Flex PE credit must show up at 2:35 dressed and ready in exercise clothes on either Tues. Dec 4th or 11th, or on Thursday, Dec 6 or 13th. There is a cardio fitness test as well as a sit up test. Standards must be met. You do not get an A just for showing up.
- Star Student Care Packages can be ordered through Tuesday, December 11. A copy of the form is attached or you can pick one up in the front office.
- Need Volunteer Hours? We are in need of volunteers! The Georgetown Elementary PTA is hosting its 13th annual Santa’s Workshop at Georgetown Elementary School on December 8th from 9:00 am-12:00pm. We are in need of volunteers to work the event. Each station will need 2 volunteers to help young children assemble their craft. To volunteer, please contact Susan Berryman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 502.851.6290
- There will be a meeting on Friday, December 7th in D105 for the FC Make-up club. If you are interested stop by, no experience required.
- Schedule changes for 2nd semester will be December 4-6 during lunch in the spine. Students can see a counselor to discuss changes that need to be made.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is looking for volunteers to help with the St. Jude Radiothon at 97.5 WAMZ on December 6-7, 2018. Volunteers will be answering public phone calls that come in to donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. We would like for volunteers to arrive 15 minutes before their shift. Food and drinks will be provided. We would love to have your help during this exciting time! I have attached an excel sheet with dates and time slots available. Please fill out what time and date works best for you. Address: 97.5 WAMZ, 4000 #1 Radio Dr., Louisville, KY 40218 . If you have any questions, please call (502) 612-9934 or email Ventara.email@example.com
- We have added an additional Winter Fantasia show on December 4 @ 7:00 pm. Payment must be in cash or check only. The box office will be open Dec. 3, 9am -4pm. Order forms will be available at the box office, music classrooms, and Floyd Central’s reception desk. For questions call Lori Nevitt @ 812-542-8504
- To all students interested in playing chess, come join the chess club every Monday after school from 2:30 to 4:30 in Rm A204. Chess club is open to everyone, from experienced players to those wishing to learn how to play. See Mr. McRae in A204 if you have any questions.
- Georgetown Lions Club Scholarship is available to seniors committed to volunteerism in the community. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
- BigSun Scholarship–The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.