- Need Volunteer Hours? We are in need of volunteers!
- The Georgetown Elementary PTA is hosting its 13th annual Santa’s Workshop at Georgetown Elementary School on December 8th from 9:00 am-12:00pm. We are in need of volunteers to work the event. Each station will need 2 volunteers to help young children assemble their craft. To volunteer, please contact Susan Berryman at email@example.com or call/text 502.851.6290.
- Student Renaissance will be meeting on Friday, during 6th period at 1:10. All members please plan to attend.
- Football players don’t forget the 2018 banquet is this Sunday December 2nd at Joe Huber’s Family Restaurant. This is a shirt
- We have added an additional Winter Fantasia show on December 4 @ 7:00 pm. Payment must be in cash or check only. The box office will be open Nov. 26 – Dec. 3, Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s, 9am -4pm. On Tuesday’s and Thursday’s you have the option to leave your completed order form and payment with the receptionist and pick up your tickets the day of the show at will call. Order forms will be available at the box office, music classrooms, and Floyd Central’s reception desk. For questions call Lori Nevitt @ 812-542-8504
- Interested in joining the fishing team? Come to an informational meeting Friday, Nov 30th @ 7:30pm in E101.
- There will be a meeting on Friday, December 7th in D105 for the FC Make-up club. If you are interested stop by, no experience required.
- Those students who wish to earn an A for their Flex PE credit must show up at 2:35 dressed and ready in exercise clothes on either Tues. Dec 4th or 11th, or on Thursday, Dec 6 or 13th. There is a cardio fitness test as well as a sit up test. Standards must be met. You do not get an A just for showing up.
- To all students interested in playing chess, come join the chess club every Monday after school from 2:30 to 4:30 in Rm A204. Chess club is open to everyone, from experienced players to those wishing to learn how to play. See Mr. McRae in A204 if you have any questions.
- Schedule changes for 2nd semester will be December 4-6 during lunch in the spine. Students can see a counselor to discuss changes that need to be made.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is looking for volunteers to help with the St. Jude Radiothon at 97.5 WAMZ on December 6-7, 2018. Volunteers will be answering public phone calls that come in to donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. We would like for volunteers to arrive 15 minutes before their shift. Food and drinks will be provided. We would love to have your help during this exciting time! I have attached an excel sheet with dates and time slots available. Please fill out what time and date works best for you. Address: 97.5 WAMZ, 4000 #1 Radio Dr., Louisville, KY 40218 If you have any questions, please call (502) 612-9934 or email Ventara.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgetown Lions Club Scholarship is available to seniors committed to volunteerism in the community. Deadline is April 1, 2019.
- BigSun Scholarship– The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00. The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.