Happening this week :
· Congratulations to the FC Bowling team for a great season! Also congrats to Justin Cromwell for his Regional qualification.
· Basketball Homecoming Committee will meet on Friday, January 10th in Mrs. Poindexter’s room.
· Students interested in joining the Social Studies Academic Team should meet in Mr. Thomas’s room briefly after school Friday.
· Campus Life is hosting a 5th Quarter immediately following the boys varsity basketball game this Friday night in the auxiliary gym. The event is FREE will last until 11pm. And, yes, there will be 9Square.
· The second annual Floyd Central Prom Dress Resale will be held on January 11th from 9-2 and Sunday January 12th in the orchestra room. Please visit www.myconsignmentsale.com/fcprom2 for more information and to register as a consignor or to volunteer for the event! We will be accepting gently used and new prom dresses, shoes and accessories this year. ***flyer attached
· Interested in joining the new FC Civics Club? The first meeting will be held next Thursday, January 16th after school in room A112..
· Floyd Central Drivers Education is now accepting new drivers. If you are 15 and would like to take Drivers Ed you may pick a registration packet in the bookstore.
· Executive function webinar for interested parents on 1/15 at 6pm. Visit the website for more info. *****flyer attached
· Prosser Open House: Thursday, January 16th from 5:30-7:30pm. ****flyer attached.
Just a reminder:
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Highlander Point JayC store is hiring! See attached flyer for details.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
· Knights of Pythias offers a $1000 award for students pursuing college. You must have a 3.0 gpa or higher and already have been accepted to a university. Essay required. Info is on the scholarship board in the counseling office. Deadline is January 25.
· Louisville Artisans Guild offers a scholarship for students pursuing an art related major in college. This is a one-time $2000 award. Five pieces of portfolio work are required with admission. More information is on the scholarship board in Student Services. Deadline to apply is March 21, 2020.
Post expires at 1:13pm on Wednesday June 10th, 2020