Happening this week :
· The Floyd Central cheerleaders compete at their first competition Saturday at Charlestown High School. JV performs at 12:54 and Varsity performs at 1:36. Come out and support your cheerleaders as they begin their road to State!
· Are you interested in making new friends, improving your community, developing leadership skills, and making a difference in the world? If this sounds interesting and you want to become a part of Floyd Central Interact International Club, then pick up an application for club membership at the circulation desk in the media center. Interact International is a globally minded philanthropic club that will hold their annual meeting Sept. 10. after school in the MPR. Interact International Club is sponsored by the New Albany Rotary International Club. Talk to any Rotary or Interact Club member or see Mrs. Poe in the media center for more information.
· Floyd Central Dance Marathon will be hosting a tailgate on Friday, September 6th. The tailgate begins at 5:30 pm at the football field. Tickets are $5 and include hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, drink, and dessert. Ticket price do NOT include required admission to the football game. There will also be a silent auction at the game with lots of great items such as golf packages, attraction tickets, spa and hair salon certificates and much more. All proceeds benefit Riley Hospital for Children. We look forward to seeing you there.
· Student Council Football Homecoming Committee meets Friday, September 6th at the beginning of 4th period…
· Campus Life is hosting a 5th Quarter immediately following the game this Friday night in the FC Building 2 Gym. The 5th Quarter will include 9-Square, music, food, and more. The event is FREE will last until 11pm.
· Next week will begin ticket sales for the FC Fall Fun Fest on September 20th! Early Bird tickets will be sold for $20 on Sept. 9, 10 & 11 at lunch! Week of tickets will cost $25! Get yours early & save money! You DON”T want to miss this event! There will be inflatables, games, prizes, music, Culver’s Custard & Chickfila sandwiches
· ATTENTION PARENTS:
The FC FALL FUN FEST will be held Friday Sept. 20th! We are looking for parent volunteers to help that day, as well as donations of canned soda and bottled water! Please drop all donations at office, marked “Fun Fest” by 9/19!
Sign Up Genius Link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F094CA9AC2FA1FA7-fcfall
Thank you so much!
Just a reminder:
· Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
· Anyone interested in Drivers Education can pick up a registration packet in the bookstore.
· A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is looking to hire a few individuals for our after school program.
o 2:45-6 Monday through Friday
o Must be 18 to apply
o If you are interested, please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at email@example.com.
· Polly’s Freeze is hiring. Applications can be picked up at the store or found online at our website: http://pollysfreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Employment-Application.pdf
· Hartman Dental Associates is looking for a part-time intern or administrative assistant to assist in our office a few days a week. See attached for more info.
· ACT.org– list of dates/venues for the ACT.
· Collegeboard.org – list of dates to take the SAT.
· The Lilly Endowment full tuition scholarship is available through Community Foundation Southern Indiana. Apply online. Deadline to apply is September 9th at NOON! You must reside in Clark or Floyd County to be eligible for this scholarship.
· You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.
· Horatio Alger Scholarship is available to a student with at least a 2.0 GPA that requires financial assistance to attend college. Deadline to apply is October 25. https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/
· Have you done a lot of volunteer work? Then apply for a Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Deadline to apply is November 5.
· Newcomer Funeral Service Group offers $25,000 in scholarships for students pursuing a degree in mortuary science. Deadline to apply is October 25th.
· Interested in teaching? The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides up to $7,500 per year of college (up to $30,000 total) for top-performing Hoosier students who commit to teaching in Indiana for five years after earning their degrees. Deadline to apply is November 30.
Post expires at 8:42am on Monday December 9th, 2019