Happening this week (8/18-8/24):
- FC will be giving the PSAT October 16th. Sign-ups will begin TODAY with Mrs. Romines in the bookstore. It is free for Juniors and $15 for Freshman who want to take the test. (payable with cash, check, or money order)
Sophomores are required to take the PSAT and do not need to sign up.
- Floyd Central Interact club is sponsoring a school supply drive to benefit Fairmont Elementary School.
One person from each grade that brings the most items will receive a $15 gift card to the place of their choosing. All items must be turned in with a bag that has your name and grade labeled. Boxes are located in the spine, next to the athletic office, and in the front office.
- The NEW club, Best Buddies, will have a table set up in the spine Mon, Aug 19th through Thurs, Aug 22 during lunch with club information for those interested in joining.
- Campus Life meets Monday nights at 7:07pm in the FC Building 2 gym.
- Applications are now available for National Art Honors Society. They will be due August 21st and can be picked up in Ms. Jones’ or Ms. Applegate’s room.
- Floyd Central Strength & Conditioning is hosting a presentation on sports nutrition for all student-athletes, parents and coaches Wednesday August 21st at 6pm in the auditorium with guest speakers from Four Barrel Fitness and University of Louisville Sports Nutrition
- The Floyd Central Marching Band will be holding its annual yard sale from 8am-2pm at the Republic Bank at Highlander Point on Saturday, August 24th. The yard sale items will be sold on an “at will” donation basis and will not be individually priced, with the exception of a few big-ticket items. Have any old clothes or household items you no longer need or love and want to get rid of? Here’s your chance to help out a good cause! Donations are gladly accepted and can be dropped of starting at 6:30am at Republic Bank the morning of the sale. Please NO old tube TVs, unframed mirrors or glass, computer equipment, live animals, or building materials. Come out on the 24th to support the Marching Highlanders by shopping, donating, or by doing both!!
- Interested in playing chess or even learning how to play? If so, come to A204 on Tuesday, August 20, 2:35 – 4:00 p.m. You’ll learn strategies for improving your game and have the opportunity to compete against players of all different levels. See Mr. McRae for more information.
- Student Council Members on the Football Homecoming Committee will meet on August 20th during 4th period in A220.
Just a reminder:
- Student drivers: Please make sure the number on your parking tag is visible from the outside of your car.
- Anyone interested in Drivers Education can pick up a registration packet in the bookstore.
- Polly’s Freeze is hiring. Applications can be picked up at the store or found online at our website: http://pollysfreeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/PF-Employment-Application.pdf
- Hartman Dental Associates is looking for a part-time intern or administrative assistant to assist in our office a few days a week. See attached for more info.
- ACT.org – list of dates/venues for the ACT.
- Collegeboard.org- list of dates to take the SAT.
- The Lilly Endowment full tuition scholarship is available through Community Foundation Southern Indiana. Apply online. Deadline to apply is September 9th at NOON! You must reside in Clark or Floyd County to be eligible for this scholarship.
- You can also take advantage of other scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation. Go to cfsouthernindiana.com and click on the scholarship tab.