- Attention juniors! If you want to participate in the upcoming shot clinic your paperwork must be turned into the Health Office by 12 pm today. No exceptions!
- Looking for a job? A Child’s Heart Daycare and Preschool is hiring. We have several opportunities available.
- Hours would be afternoon, Monday thru Friday.
- Must be at least 18 to apply.
- Please contact Amanda Hoffman at 812-923-6223, or by email at amanda@achildsheartministry.
org if you are interested.
- You can also look us up on Indeed.com and apply as well.
- Come join the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Tuesday morning at 7 in the MPR for a message from junior Macie Stockton.
- Men’s volleyball opened their season 2-0 beating both Silver Creek and Scottsburg in 3 straight sets. See the boys in action next week 4/9 @ Trinity and 4/11 home against Desales.
- The 4th annual euchre tournament will begin Monday, April 22nd. The cost is $5 per team or $3 per individual. See Mr. Brogan or Mrs Cambron to sign up or to get more information.
- Check out the Interact table in the spine and see how you can play to win a prize and fundraise for Heifer International. (An organization that works to end hunger and poverty worldwide)
- National Art Honor club will have a brief meeting today after school. The topic will be about the banquet and graduation tassels. If you cannot attend, contact Caitlyn.
- Students taking Jewelry I/II next year with Ms. Applegate need to stop by E 104 and pick up an application.
- Greenville Elementary Spring Festival is Friday, April 5th from 4-8pm and has an opportunity for service hours. ***flyer attached***
- Dogs Helping Heroes is hosting the second annual dog walk April 6. 2019 at the Jeffersonville Riverstage. The main goal of this event is to raise money and awareness for veterans suffering PTSD who cannot function in day to day life and need a service dog. Service dogs require extensive training, and cost about 20,000-30,000. However, through Dogs Helping Heroes, they reduce that cost to 5,000. Our goal this year is to raise enough money to give two dogs to two veterans in need. We are asking for your help. The cost to walk is $15 and all proceeds go to the dogs!
- Dog Days of Summer Dog Toy drive is April 8-12. Look for boxes in the Spine. Dog toys will go to Service dogs in training with Phoenix Assistance Dogs of Central PA. Contact Jenica Miller via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or see the attached flyer for more information.
- Attention current juniors! FCHS will be holding a shot clinic on April 23 so you can get up to date on required vaccines for senior year.Paperwork is being mailed home to all juniors. See the attached flyer.
- Sophomores NEXGEN is a premier youth program which will grant students an in depth look into the community, assist them in building relationships with peers and community leaders and provide training in communication, financial literacy, philanthropy and more. This is also a great way to learn more about careers and career opportunities. For an application see the class of 2020 Google Classroom or Mr. Clark. Applications are submitted online and signature forms can be picked up from Mr. Clark. NEXGEN is a selective process and will require admitted students to miss several days of school and participate in a community service project
- Interested in STEM opportunities? Visit SummerScience.org! This is a 5 1/2 week experience in Astrophysics or Biochemistry. Go to summerscience.org for more information.
- Any FRESHMAN interested in a summer Robotics Engineering Camp at Amatrol in Jeffersonville should pick up an application in the counseling department. This is a two week camp and the cost is only $40. You have to have C’s or better in classes, but no prior experience with robotics. Come pick up a brochure to learn all the details!
- If you would like to recognize a senior or team by purchasing an add in the yearbook, please do so by using this link. Prices start at $50 for 1/8 of a page and go up to $190 for a full page color ad. You create it online and are able to use your own photos! http://www.jostens.
com/apps/shop/yrbk_ra_ catalogs.asp?cid=148352& affiliateId=1072582
- If you have not ordered a yearbook yet, there is still time! Yearbooks are $55. Last day to order is April 30, 2019. Students that order online now have the option to have the yearbook shipped to them for $7. https://www.jostens.com/
apps/store/productBrowse/ 1072582/Floyd-Central-High- School/2019-Yearbook/ 2018052104151873761/CATALOG_ SHOP/
DON’T MISS THAT DEADLINE…….
- ESA Foundation Scholarship applications available! ESA will help you find scholarship money. Go tohttps://epsilonsigmaalpha.org/
scholarships-and-grants to apply.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) scholarship is available to seniors who plan to attend college in the fall. Deadline to turn application into Mrs. Simler is April 5.
- Louisville Urban League Scholarship is available to a senior with a minimum 2.8 GPA and ACT score of 18. Essay is required and there must be financial need. Deadline is April 10.
- FCHS Alumni Scholarship application is now available. Applicant must be a child/grandchild of an FC alumni and have a GPA of 3.5 unweighted or 4.5 weighted. Deadline is April 10.
- Pride of Galena scholarship is a one- time $650 award given to a senior who attended Galena Elementary for at least one full year. GPA of 2.5 and essay is required. You must also have a local scholarship application on file from earlier this year. Deadline is April 10.
- Interested in the law and the legal profession? The Summer Law Institute at UofL is a week long camp in June where students learn the fundamentals of trial procedure, discuss important legal and social issues, and study how the law affects their lives. Students will participate in workshops and mock trial practice. If interested, applications are available in the counseling department. Application deadline is April 10th. **Application attached**
- Floyd County Farm Bureau scholarship is an $800 scholarship award available to a student whose parent/guardian is a Floyd County Farm Bureau member. Applications due to Mrs. Simler by April 12.
- Tri-Kappa of New Albany offer four $1000 scholarships to local high school students. If you’d like to apply, pick up an application from the scholarship board in Student Services. The application is due to Mrs. Simler by April 12th.
- Attention seniors! If you have not yet submitted a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), please do so by going to fafsa.gov. This is how you apply for all federal and institutional aid for all colleges that you attend, whether they are in state or out of state. Deadline is April 15th.
- Student Insights offers $11,000 worth of scholarships to seniors. Go to www.student-view.com to apply. Deadline is April 22, 2019
- Sunnyside Master Gardener offers a $1000 scholarship to a senior interested in pursuing a degree in horticultural or natural resources at the college level. Deadline to apply is May 1.
- McNeely Stephenson offers three scholarships to seniors. For more information, go to https://www.newalbanylaw.com/
community-involvement- scholarship/Deadline is May 1.
- BigSun Scholarship–The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Deadline is June 19,2019 and the amount of the award is $500.00.
- Horatio Alger offers a $2500 scholarship for students pursuing career and technical education. You must be enrolled in a two year or less program, must demonstrate financial need and be a US citizen. Deadline to apply is June 15.The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post-secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community. Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com.