Additional 2017 Scholarship Offers
- If you are interested in applying to Washington University in St. Louis, see your counselor to be nominated for the Danforth Scholars Program. Danforth scholars can receive full or partial tuition scholarships.
- Seniors, there are several scholarship opportunities through Community Foundation Southern Indiana, including the Lilly Endowment Scholarship. The deadline for the Lilly has changed to September 12th. http://cfsouthernindiana.com/
apply-for-scholarships/ A representative from Community Foundation will be at FC at a later date to give more information. Please see a counselor if you have any questions.
- Who Wants to Be A College Student applications are available in the counseling office. The competition will be Monday, September 26th at 7 pm in the NAHS auditorium. Please turn applications in to Mrs. Simler by September 23rd.
- QuestBridge National College Match is a nationally recognized program that connects high-achieving, low-income students to full four year scholarships. If you are interested in this program, go to www.questbridge.org for more information. Deadline is September 27.
- Gilda’s Club offers a scholarship of up to $500 for a Teen Writing and Visual Art Contest. Topic: Share how cancer has touched your life in your own words or artwork, with your personal reflections and insight. This is open to students in grades 6-12. Deadline is September 30.
- The Wendy’s High School Heisman 2016 application is now available online. All senior student athletes with a B average are encouraged to apply!! The first 25,000 students who apply are guaranteed a Wendy’s gift card. Go towww.wendysheisman.com to apply. Deadline is October 3.
- Newcomer Funeral Service Group offers a Mortuary Science scholarship. You must have a 2.5 GPA. Go towww.NFSGI.com/scholarship for application. Deadline is October 15.
- The Horatio Alger Association offers scholarships up to $20,000 to students exhibiting financial need and integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. For more information, go to www.horatioalger.org/
scholarships. Deadline is October 25.
- Indiana Affiliate for Aspirations in Computing recognizes high school females for their computing-related achievements and interests. Winners receive cash, gifts, plaques for themselves and their schools and scholarship offers from several Indiana universities. Go to www.ncwit.org/award to apply. Deadline is November 7.
- Do you do a lot of volunteer work? Prudential Spirit of Community Award may be for you!! Apply at www.nassp.org/spirit. Deadline is November 8.
- Elks National Foundation offers scholarships to seniors who show leadership and financial need. For complete details, visit enf.elks.org/mvs. Deadline to apply is November 30.
- University of Dayton offers a Leadership in Service Scholarship. This scholarship is $2500 per year for four years. If you are interested in being nominated, please see a counselor before December 15.
- Apply for an NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award? Graduating seniors who own their own small business are eligible to receive an award from the Young Entrepreneur Foundation. Go to www.NFIB.com/YEA to apply. Deadline is December 18.
- Seniors, are you going to college to be a teacher? Are you in the top 20% of your graduating class? Then you are eligible for the Next Generation Hoosier Educators Sc holarship! This program provides 200 high-achieving students a renewable scholarship of up to $7500 each year for four years. In exchange, students agree to teach for five years at an eligible high school. For more information, go to www.learnmoreindiana.org/cost/
financial-aid-and- scholarships/next-generation- teacher-scholarship/. Deadline to apply is December 31.
- Ronald McDonald US Scholarship program is available for students who are exemplary role models in their community and have the initiative to fulfill their educational goals. Apply at www.rmhc.org. Deadline is January 18.
- McDonald’s Restaurants of Kentuckiana Black History Makers of Tomorrow scholarship program honors outstanding high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional leadership, character, scholarship and community service. The program is open to students with at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean descent. A one time $1500 scholarship will be awarded. Apply at www.BHMOTKentuckiana.com by January 31st.
- Indiana Youth Tour to Washington D.C. provides young adults with the opportunity to travel to our nation’s capital. Applicant must be a son, daughter or legal ward of a member/owner of the Clark County REMC. Deadline is February 10.
- Kiwanis Indiana Foundation offers a one-time award of $1200 to a senior who plans to attend a college in Indiana. Applications in counseling office. Deadline is February 15.
- Scholarships are available to military children. Go to http://www.militaryscholar.org for more information. Deadline is February 17.
- The Coolidge Scholarship offers full ride presidential scholarships to current juniors. Go to Coolidgescholars.org for more information. Deadline is February 22.
- Ivy Tech’s high school art competition, Art Jam is a competition in the following categories: photography, graphic design, painting, drawing, 3D and interactive media. This year’s theme is Moving Forward: the MLK Jr. Legacy. For more information, go to http://ivysofad.org/?p=2745. Deadline to submit entry is February 27.
- Georgetown Lions Club offers scholarships to students committed to strong volunteerism to community. An essay is required. Deadline to apply is April 3.
- Floyd County Farm Bureau offers an $800 scholarship to a senior whose parent/guardian has Farm Bureau insurance. Winner is required to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours at a Farm Bureau event. Deadline to apply is April 7.
- MAC Construction offers scholarships for students pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology. Must have a current GPA of B average. Deadline is March 10.
- Ivy Tech offers scholarships for students planning to attend IUS, Ivy Tech and Purdue Polytechnic of New Albany. For more information, see the scholarship board. Deadline to apply is March 10.
- IRTA-SE Division offers scholarships to a student who is a son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter or legal dependent of an active, retired or deceased member of the Indiana State Teachers Retirement Fund and the IRTA Southeast Division. Deadline to apply is March 16.
- Business and Professional Women of New Albany offers academic scholarships to students from Floyd, Clark, Harrison and Crawford Counties. Applicants must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Deadline is March 17.
- Leadership Southern Indiana’s NEXGEN program embodies the organization mission to engage, develop and mobilize regional leaders who will serve and transform our community. Applications are available to current sophomores who will be juniors in 2017-18 school year. If you are accepted into the program, you will attend 6 excused class days from September 2017 through a graduation in May 2018. See Mrs. Simler for an application. Deadline to apply is March 17. You can get more information at www.leadershipsi.org/programs/
- Norton Healthcare offers a $1000 scholarship to a senior pursuing a career in a health related field. An essay is required. Deadline to submit application to Mrs. Simler is April 3rd.
- Forman Highlander Service Award is available for Seniors who are most giving and active in community and/or church activities. Good student citizenship is also very important. Applications are on the counseling board in Student Services. Deadline is April 7.
- Pride of Galena Scholarship is available to a senior with a 2.5 GPA who went to Galena for at least a year. You must have completed a local scholarship application to be eligible for this award. Essay is required and must be submitted to Mrs. Simler by April 13. Information is on the scholarship board.
- Nu Chapter of Kappa Kappa Kappa offers $1000 scholarships to students. Five students will be chosen from the applications to proceed to the interview round. Deadline to apply is April 14.
- Floyd County Bar Association offers a $1000 scholarship to a Floyd County student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applications are on the counseling board in Student Services. Deadline is April 15.
- LifeSpring Foundation of Indiana offers a scholarship to a student planning to study in the mental health or public service field. An essay is required. Deadline is April 20.
- FCHS Alumni Association offers a scholarship to one male and one female who have relatives that graduated from Floyd Central. Student must have a 3.5 GPA or higher and have community service. Application is on the scholarship board. Deadline to turn in application to Mrs. Simler is April 28.
- The Grace Group Scholarship is a $1000 award given to students with a 2.5 GPA or higher. Write a letter to someone at Floyd Central that has had the greatest impact on you and you could win! See the scholarship board for details. Deadline is May 1.
- Park Community Credit Union offers five renewable $1000 scholarships to seniors who have an account at Park Community. An essay is required, stating “What I can do or have done to improve my community.” Go to www.parkcommunity.com/
scholarshipsor see the counseling board for an application. Applications must be postmarked by May 20, 2017.
- Seniors! Are you undecided about the future? The Howard Johnson Memorial Fund offers an internship to a graduating senior through Louisville Public Media, New Albany Floyd County Library and Baptist Health Floyd. The internship would take place this summer for 4,6, or 8 weeks. A $1500 award will be given for this internship, but you may be eligible for more through the organization. More information is on the scholarship board. See Mrs. Simler if you have any questions.
Purdue New Albany offers an event for young ladies grades 9-12 interested in the STEM program. Program is October 2nd. If you’d like to be nominated to attend, please see a counselor.
Who Wants to be a College Student?
Applications are available for the Harvest Homecoming event. Deadline to apply is September 25.
21st Century Scholars
If a student qualifies for the 21st Century Scholars program during their 6th, 7th, or 8th grade years the student could receive a college education from an Indiana proprietary institution. In order to receive that free education, the student will have to pledge and display good character, not to commit a crime, plan on attending an Indiana college, apply for state and federal financial aid and graduate high school with a minimum 2.0 GPA. For more information, students can contact an administrator or counselor.