WNAS Radio: 812-923-4009 To listen LIVE from within the New Albany Floyd County network,
please click here instead of on the "WNAS RADIO" button
at the top of this page.
Academics - NJROTC - General Orders
General Orders to the Sentry
1. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. Repeat calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse or the quarter-deck
than my own.
5. Quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. Receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the commanding officer, command duty officer, officer of the day, officer of the deck, and officers and petty officers of the watch only.
7. Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. Call the corporal of the guard of officer of the deck in any case not covered by instructions.
10. Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, Challenge all persons on or near my post, and allow no one to pass without proper authority.